NY Portuguese Short Film Festival´23 | Call for Entries
The first ever NY Portuguese Short Film Festival (NYPSFF), produced by the Arte Institute, premiered in New York and simultaneously in Lisbon on June 2011. It was the first time that a short film festival involving Portuguese cinema and connecting two cities, New York and Lisbon, at the same time, ever happened in the United States. After the broad acceptance from the American public to the festival, Arte Institute has taken NYPSFF to all over the world largely amplifying the universe Portuguese cinema viewers. The objective of the NY Portuguese Short Film Festival is to promote contemporary Portuguese cinema produced in Portugal and abroad. All short films presented at the NYPSFF are written and directed by Portuguese.
The 13th edition of the festival will have its premiere in New York at the Tribeca Film Center on May 24, 2023, and at Lincoln Center on May 25, 2023.
WHERE CAN I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION?
Applications are CLOSED.
WHO CAN APPLY?
1. Individuals residing in Portugal or abroad who are of Portuguese nationality.
2. Portuguese production companies with Portuguese short films directed by Portuguese citizens.
3. Portuguese educational institutions in conjunction with their Portuguese students.
SUBMISSION ACCEPTANCE CRITERIA
1. The film running time should not exceed 18 minutes, and must have been produced in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 or 2023.
2. Films in any language will be accepted, given that proper subtitles in English and/or Portuguese are made available.
3. All genres, theme and styles will be accepted.
4. More than one film may be submitted by the same applicant.
1. Complete the online form.
2. Once having successfully submitted the form online, a submission confirmation message and instructions for the fee payment will appear.
3. After the fee payment, the applicant will receive an e-mail confirming the successful submission and fee reception.
4. Upon confirmation e-mail reception, the applicant must send the short film, as a private link with a password. The short film should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the submission process is not complete until the NYPSFF’s organization has received the film.
Students and NYPSFF 2022 participants are exempt from payment of the submission fee (students must send a copy of their student card or a letter from their school).
SUBMISSION DEADLINE – CLOSED
The submission period will run from November 15th 2022, to March 5th, 2023.
SHORT FILM SELECTION
The short films will be subject to a judging panel, composed by industry professionals.
The judging panel will be responsible for the selection of short films. Based on this selection, Arte Institute will organize the NYPSFF 2023 program.
After the festival premiere in New York at the Tribeca Film Center on May 24, 2023 and at Lincoln Center on May 25, 2023, the NYPSFF will screen the festival’s Official Selection in several cities worldwide.
WHEN AND HOW WILL APPLICANTS KNOW IF THEIR FILM WAS SELECTED?
All applicants who have successfully completed the submission process will be informed about the status of their application via e-mail in April, 2023.