Starting October 25, Arte Institute in collaboration with José Saramago Foundation, will promote a week of events that intend to honor and celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Literature Portuguese Nobel Prize winner, José Saramago.
27 October – Anthology Film Archives, 9.45 pm
Iberian Screening – Portuguese and Spanish Short Films
– “A flor mais grande do mundo” by Juan Pablo Etcheverry
– ” (en)terrados” ((buried) over the roofs) by Alex Lora
– “Conto do Vento” (Tale of the Wind) by Claúdio Jordão and Nelson Martins
– “Universo de Mya” (Mya´s Universe) by Miguel Clara Vasconcelos
– “We stayin´” Felipe Vara de Rey
– “Noiserv” by Nuno Rocha
Tickets can be purchased at the venue.
Saramago´s Week in New York is sponsored by The Lisbon Consortium, Direcção-Geral dos Assuntos Consulares e Comunidades Portuguesas, Instituto Camões, Instituto Cervantes, Carvi Hotel, Adega Mayor and Rutgers University. Media partner: 24 horas.
The event is made possible through Poets House’s Literary Partners Space Sharing Program.