VIII Edition of NY Portuguese Short Film Festival
Rules and Regulations
About NY Portuguese Short Film Festival
The NY Portuguese Short Film Festival (NYPSFF) is a Portuguese short film festival, happening in New York and Portugal.
The NYPSFF (I Edition, June 2011), was the first Portuguese short film festival in the United States, and it was born from the need to show Portuguese contemporary cinema abroad and to showcase the best work of the new generation of young Portuguese filmmakers. After the broad acceptance from the American public to the festival, Arte Institute has taken NYPSFF to Brazil, United Kingdom, France, Angola, Australia, Poland, Mozambique, Germany, Canada, China, Thailand, Kenia, Cape Verde, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, Senegal, Equatorial Guinea and South Africa, largely amplifying the universe Portuguese cinema viewers.
New York – May 2018 (Lincoln Center and Tribeca Film Center)
Who can apply?
1. Individuals residing in Portugal or abroad who are of Portuguese nationality.
2. Portuguese production companies with Portuguese short films produced.
3. Portuguese educational institutions in conjunction with their students.
The responsible person for the film submission must have had a main role in its production.
Submission acceptance criteria
1. The film running time should not exceed 18 minutes, and must have been produced in 2016, 2017 or 2018.
2. Films in any language will be accepted, given that proper subtitles in English and/or Portuguese are made available.
3. All genres, theme and styles will be accepted.
4. More than one film may be submitted by the same applicant.
• Complete online form OPEN
• Once having successfully submitted the form online, a submission confirmation message and instructions for the fee payment will appear.
Applications received between November 15 and December 15, 2017 : 15 Euros
Applications received between December 16, 2017 and January 15, 2018 : 20 Euros
Applications received between January 16 and March 1, 2018: 25 Euros
Students and NYPSFF 2017 participants are exempt from payment of the submission fee (students must send a copy of their student card or a letter from their school).
There will be no refunds for non selected films.
• After the fee payment, the applicant will receive an e-mail confirming the successful submission and fee reception.
• Upon confirmation e-mail reception, the applicant must send the short film, as a private link with a password. The short film should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the submission process is not complete until the NYPSFF’s organization has received the film.
The submission period will run from November 15, 2017 to March 1, 2018.
Short Film Selection
The short films will be subject to a judging panel, composed by industry professionals.
The judging panel will be responsible for the selection of short films. Based on this selection, Arte Institute will organize the NYPSFF 2018 program.
There will be awards for the winners of NYPSFF 2018.
When and how will applicants know if their film was selected?
All applicants who have successfully completed the submission process will be informed about the status of their application via e-mail in April, 2018.
How can I get more information?
For more information please contact the NY Portuguese Short Film Festival organization by e-mail at email@example.com, by phone at +1 6463736923, or visit http://www.arteinstitute.org/